Hanging your decorative plates on the wall can be a tricky process. You want them to stay up there once they’re hung.
A disc adhesive plate hanger allows you to easily hang your plate on a hook or nail. The disc is applied to the back of the plate, allowing it to be displayed securely. Unlike other methods, the attachments are not visible, so you and your family won’t be distracted from the beauty of the plate.
The Disc Adhesive Plate Hanger is available in a variety of sizes. The largest size will hold a weight of 6.5 pounds. The 4-inch disc set shown below is their most popular size because it can be used for an assortment of plate sizes. The disc can be trimmed if necessary.
It can be used safely with items made of porcelain, china, earthenware, glass and unvarnished wood. It is designed so it can be removed safely without ruining your plate or the markings on the back. It is not affected by temperature or humidity and will not deteriorate with age.
Due to the disc being attached to the back, this hanger is not suitable for transparent glass. However, if your plate is made of colored or smoky glass, it could work very well.
This first step is the most important. The plate must be prepared correctly for the product to work.
- Clean the back of the plate using an alcohol wipe, even if the plate is new.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Using your fingers, mix a little water into the glue on the back of the disc hanger.
- Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the glue is sticky.
- Apply the disc hanger to the back of the plate, making sure to check that the ring is correctly positioned to hang the plate.
- Press the hanger firmly onto the surface.
- Rub well to remove any air bubbles.
- Leave overnight to dry.
- Before hanging, test the strength of the adhesion by pulling firmly on the ring. Pull it upwards to mimic being hung on the wall.
How To Remove The Disc Hanger
- Soak the plate in warm water.
- Gently remove the disc.
How To Hang A Heavy Or Large Platter On The Wall
- Use two, three, or more adhesive hangers, according to the size of the platter.
- You could consider putting a disc on either side of the back of the plate and connecting them with strong hanger wire.
- The hangers can be trimmed to fit, but keep in mind that the weight limits listed for the product will no longer be accurate.
- Make sure to test if the hanger is stuck properly by pulling the rings upwards as if the platter is hanging on the wall.