Dragons are a staple of fantasy literature, and baby dragons are some of the most popular characters. Fantasy authors often use baby dragons as comic relief, or as a way to introduce young readers to the world of fantasy.
Baby dragons are also used to symbolize innocence and hope, and are often used as plot devices to move the story forward. Whatever their purpose, baby dragons always manage to charm their way into our hearts.
Whether they’re good or bad, baby dragons always manage to capture our imagination and make us believe in the power of magic.
What Are Baby Dragons Called?
Baby dragons are often called “hatchlings.” This is because they have just hatched from their eggs! Hatchlings are usually very small, and they still have a lot to learn about the world. They are also very cute, which makes them popular among dragon lovers.
The terms “fledgling” or “wyrmling” are more associated with young dragons who are just starting to grow and learn about the world around them.
Baby Dragon Names
Baby dragons are the cutest creatures in all of fantasy literature. If you’re on the hunt for the perfect baby dragon name, look no further. We’ve compiled a list of the best baby dragon names to help you find the perfect fit for your hatchling.
- Cruiser – A laid-back dragon who loves nothing more than cruising around the skies on a lazy day
- Soarer – A graceful and agile dragon who loves to soar through the skies
- Glider – A dragon who enjoys gliding on the winds, often for long distances
- Fidget – A spunky and mischievous dragon who loves to play pranks on unsuspecting victims
- Gizmo – A curious and inquisitive dragon who is always exploring and getting into trouble
- Draper – A suave and sophisticated dragon who always looks his best and knows it
- Spike – A tough and independent dragon who likes to do things his own way
- Ember – A fiery and passionate dragon who is always up for a good brawl
- Soot – A calm and collected dragon who prefers to stay out of the limelight
- Ash – A determined and stubborn dragon who never backs down from a challenge
- Cinder – A bold and daring dragon who loves to take risks
- Smokey – A laid-back and easy-going dragon who loves to relax and take things slow
- Scorch – An impulsive and hot-headed dragon who often acts before thinking
- Flame – A fierce and loyal dragon who will always stand up for his friends and family
- Blaze – A powerful and commanding dragon who strikes fear into the hearts of his enemies
- Thunder – A mighty and imposing dragon whose very presence is enough to intimidate others
- Storm – A wild and unpredictable dragon who is as dangerous as the weather he represents
- Earthquake – A massive and destructive dragon whose size and strength are truly fearsome
- Inferno – A raging and infernal dragon whose fury is as hot as the flames that consume him
- Drake – A noble and regal dragon who commands respect from all those who cross his path
- Drago – A legendary and feared dragon who has conquered many challengers in his lifetime
- Rex – A mighty and powerful dragon who is not to be trifled with
- Tyrant – A tyrannical dragon who rules over others with an iron fist