Can you recycle old CDs? Yes, you can. How about some CD Christmas ornaments?
This nifty idea uses old CDs to make shiny ornaments that reflect the light in soft colors. You don’t need to completely cover the bauble with CD bits because the color of the ribbon will fill in the gaps.
This project is not for little children, but it could be a Christmas project for teens. See what you think.
- Cut the CD into small pieces, leaving the middle as scrap.
- Place the bauble on top of the glass.
- Glue each CD piece onto the bauble, making sure the reflective side is up. You’re not trying to cover the whole ornament; space out the pieces.
- Remove the top of the bauble.
- Stuff ribbon inside.
- Replace the top of the bauble.