Hey there! Some links on this page are affiliate links which means that, if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
A bauble wreath is a beautiful and festive decoration for your home during the holiday season. While they can be purchased pre-made, they are also quite easy to make at home with just a few inexpensive supplies.
In this article, we will show you how to make a bauble wreath with a coat hanger in just a few simple steps.
I love this tutorial! It’s so easy! Have a look and see what you think!
- Coat hanger
- Tinsel (optional)
- Pliers (optional)
- Carefully unwind the top of the coat hanger.
- Bend the wire to make a circle.
- Thread baubles onto the hanger and around the loop.
- Use some tape to hold the first bauble in place to stop them from sliding around.
- Keep adding baubles in different sizes and push them around to the other side. When they’re pushed together, you’ll see the beginning of your wreath.
- When the hanger is full of baubles, give it a bit of a shake and massage the baubles to fill in any gaps.
- Add more baubles if you need to.
- Then twist the wire coat hanger top back together. This will hold the bauble wreath in place, plus you have a built-in hanger.
- If you want, you can wrap some tinsel around and in between the baubles for extra sparkle. This will also contribute to holding the baubles in place.
- Tie the ribbon in a bow at the top. This will hide the hanger.
- Or if you don’t like that hanger, you can cut the hook off and replace it with a ribbon hanger.
Another idea for this wreath is to use it as a table decoration with a lantern or other decoration in the center.