This is a very useful tutorial on making a plate hanger out of a paper clip or a safety pin, or you can make a very attractive decorative plate hanger.
Once you’ve placed the epoxy on the plates, you’ll need to set them aside so that the epoxy can harden, so they need some space.
- Wire or paper clip or safety pin
- If you’re making the hanger out of wire, you’ll also need wire cutters and needle-nose pliers
- 2-Part epoxy
- Disposable container to mix the epoxy
- Disposable epoxy mixer and applicator, such as a paper clip
- Sharpie pen or similar
- Cut a piece of wire of about 6 inches.
- Bend the wire in half.
- Using your pliers, curl the ends of the wire into a decorative swirl.
- Mark where you want to place the hanger on the back of your plate if your plate needs to be hung in a certain way.
- Mix the epoxy according to the manufacturer’s directions in a disposable container. Only mix the epoxy as you need it because it sets fast.
- Close the hanger on the back of the plate and apply the epoxy to the curled ends of the hanger. Repeat for all plates.
- Allow the plates to cure for 24 hours or as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Give the hanger a bit of a pull to test it.
- Hang your plates!