I love a glass of wine and I love sparkly things. When I saw this tutorial, I just had to share it. It’s how to make dishwasher-safe glitter wine glasses.
It’s very easy, but it’s not a last-minute project. There’s some time required for each step of the work to dry, but most importantly, these glasses need AT LEAST 28 DAYS TO CURE before they can be used. So, get started!
The secret of this process is the dishwasher-safe Mod Podge. Use the blue bottle, not the yellow one.
With some red and green glitter, you can make wine glasses for your Christmas party that your guests will want to take home with them! They’d make great gifts!
Have a look at the video and see what you think.
- Dishwasher-Safe Mod Podge
- Painter’s Tape
- Wine glass
- Sponge brush
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton bud
- Use the painter’s tape to section off the glass. Leave enough room at the top to drink out of it without touching the glitter.
- Apply painter’s tape around the rim of the glass to protect it during the project.
- Apply the rubbing alcohol to the cotton bud.
- Clean the glass thoroughly, including the stem; cleaning it well will give the best finish.
- Generously apply Mod Podge to the glass.
- Hold the glass by the rim over the paper.
- Shake glitter over the glass while rotating it.
- Shake off excess glitter.
- Leave to dry for 2 hours.
- Have a look at your glass. Is there enough glitter? If not, apply another layer of Mod Podge and glitter as above and leave to dry.
- Fold your paper in half and funnel the unused glitter back into its container.
- Apply Mod Podge over the glitter and allow it to dry for 1 to 2 hours.
- Apply a second layer Mod Podge over the glitter and allow it to dry for 1 to 2 hours.
- Apply the third layer of Mod Podge over the glitter and allow it to dry for 1 to 2 hours.
- When it is completely dry, carefully remove the painter’s tape.
- Your glasses need to cure for 28 days to be dishwasher safe.
Now you have wine glasses that wouldn’t look out of place in a fancy bar!