I saw a tutorial about how to make glittered reindeer Christmas ornaments, and the results were so darling, I just had to share it.
This project is very easy and quick; in fact, it could be done in front of the TV.
These decorations are super cute, and even though they don’t have mouths, they look to me like happy, smiling reindeer.
The video suggests Skittles for the nose, which is a resourceful idea, but if you want to, you can use a craft bead.
Have a look and see if you like this idea.
- Modge Podge
- Ping pong balls
- Beads with holes
- Hot glue gun
- Piece of wire about 4 inches long
- Black or brown pipe cleaners
- Thick sharpie pen
- Red Skittles or beads
- Nail polish, if necessary
- Glue a bead with a hole to a ping pong ball.
- Loop the wire through the bead.
- Twist the ends together.
- Bend the wire into an oval shape to form the hanger.
- Paint Mod Podge all over the ping pong ball, including over the bead.
- Sprinkle glitter on the ball over the bowl. Make sure to glitter the bead at the base of the hanger.
- Apply another layer of Modge Podge to seal.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Trim a pipe cleaner if it’s very hairy.
- Cut 6 pieces of pipe cleaner about 2 inches long.
- Trim 4 of the 6 pieces a little shorter.
- Take a longer piece of pipe cleaner and wind a shorter one around it near the tip.
- Bend the ends out so they look like antlers.
- Repeat with another shorter piece.
- Take the other longer piece and form antlers using the same method.
- Glue the end of one antler to the side of the ping pong ball.
- Repeat with the other antler.
- Draw eyes on the ping pong ball.
- Glue a Skittle or a bead to make the nose.
- If you used a Skittle, coat it in a layer of nail polish.