The holiday season is coming, and that means it’s time to start hanging Christmas Wreaths! If you’re looking for a festive way to hang a wreath without damaging your glass front door or glass storm door, we’ve got you covered.
In this blog post, we will discuss 4 different ways to hang wreaths on glass doors. Whether you’re using a traditional wreath or something more creative, we have the perfect solution for you!
Suction Cup Wreath Hook
One option is to use suction hooks. This is a great option if you want to avoid drilling holes in your glass door. You’ll need to find suction cups that are strong enough to hold the weight of the wreath, and then simply attach them to the door. Make sure the suction cups are placed evenly so that the wreath hangs straight!
Clear suction cups right are designed to disappear into the background especially when placed on glass, but personally, I don’t like seeing the hook. So when you’re cutting the ribbon or wire for your wreath hanger, cut it shorter than the height of the wreath so that the hook will be hidden behind the wreath.
How To Hang A Wreath On A Door With A Suction Hook
If you have a glass door, then using suction cups is a great option. Here are the steps to help you hang your wreath using suction cups:
- Choose the right suction cups. Make sure that the suction cups you select are designed for glass surfaces and that they will support the weight of your wreath.
- Clean the surface of the door where you will be attaching the suction cups. This will ensure a strong hold.
- Decide where you’re going to hang your wreath on the door.
- Firmly press down on the suction cup until it attaches to the glass.
- Pull on the suction cup slightly to test if the suction has been triggered.
- Hang your wreath, step back, and admire your handiwork!
Looking for a versatile, reusable hook that can be used on all sorts of surfaces? Look no further than All-Purpose Suction Cup Hooks! Made in the USA, these hooks are rustproof and can be used in the bathroom without worry. They'll stick to glass, mirror, smooth tile, metal, marble, or any other non-porous, smooth surface.
This is a great 10-pack combo set that includes:
- 4 small hooks that hold 1 pound each
- 4 medium hooks that hold 3 pounds each
- 2 large hooks that hold 7 pounds each
They're perfect for hanging Christmas decorations or any other type of home decor.
To use these hooks, simply clean the surface you wish to attach the hook to and leave it slightly wet.
Then press the suction cup in the middle firmly to activate the suction.
To remove the suction cup, just lift the tab on the side.
Command Hooks For Wreaths On Doors
Another option is to use command hooks. This is a similar concept to using suction cups, but you’ll be using command hooks instead. Again, make sure that the hooks are strong enough to hold the weight of the wreath.
How To Hang A Wreath On A Door With A Command Hook
If you’re looking for a way to add some holiday cheer to your home without damaging your door, look no further than command hooks! These little beauties can hold a wreath just as well as a nail, but they come off easily when you’re ready to take it down.
Here’s how to apply the command clear hook to the glass, or please see the video below:
- Choose the right command hooks. Make sure that they are designed for glass surfaces and that they will support the weight of your wreath.
- Decide where you’re going to hang your wreath on the door.
- Clean the glass with rubbing alcohol. Don’t use water or your regular household cleaner.
- This hook has two pieces.
- Remove the blue liner.
- Press the adhesive side onto the back of the hook. The black liner should now be showing.
- Remove the black liner.
- Press the hook to the door for 30 seconds.
- Remove the hook from the wall by sliding it upwards.
- Press the base firmly for 30 seconds. Use your thumbs to press each section.
- Put the hook back on by sliding it downwards.
- Wait one hour for the adhesive to bond.
- Your hook is now ready to hold your wreath!
If you're looking for a way to hang things on your glass door or window without ruining the look of your home, then large clear outdoor command hooks are a great option.
- These hooks are 1.375 inches wide and 3.375 inches long and protrude from the glass by 1 inch.
- They're also clear, so they're not too noticeable from the other side of the glass.
- Best of all, they can hold up to 4 pounds, making them perfect for hanging wreaths, garlands, ornaments, and more.
- Plus, they can cope with temperatures from -20 to +125 degrees Fahrenheit, making them perfect for use all year round or in just about any place in the world.
So if you're looking for a discreet and durable way to hang things on your glass door or window, these large clear outdoor command hooks are the way to go.
Applying The Hooks
Removing The Hooks
Clear Plastic Over The Door Hanger
If you’re looking for a way to add some holiday cheer to your home without breaking the bank, then consider using a clear plastic over-the-door wreath hanger! These inexpensive and easy-to-use wreath hangers can be found at most major retailers. Simply hang it over any door in your home and voila – instant holiday decoration!
If you're looking for a discreet and stylish way to hang your wreath, look no further than this 15-inch over-the-door wreath hanger. Made from soft and flexible clear plastic acrylic, this hanger is designed to be both safe and durable, with smooth edges and curves to reduce any possible injuries.
This hanger can hold up to 10 pounds and will fit on doors that are up to 1.8 inches deep. The hook protrudes 1.65 inches from the door.
Being a perfectly see-through hanger, your guests will notice the wreath and not how it was hung.
How To Hang A Wreath On A Glass Door With Ribbon
Hanging a wreath on a glass door with ribbon is easy and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:
- Tape measure
- Adhesive strips
- Measure the length from the top of the door to where you want the top of your wreath to start, then double it. Cut that length of ribbon.
- Using the soft side of the Velcro, cut it to the width that will fit inside your ribbon.
- Use two strips to allow for height adjustment.
- Turn the wreath over, and locate the loop. If there is no loop, find a good place in your wreath to hide the ribbon. Or, you could use two strips of ribbon and bring them up into a V shape.
- Thread the ribbon through the loop, and put the wrong sides together.
- Fold the ribbon in half so the ends match up.
- On the side of the ribbon that’s going to be on the back side of the wreath, take your Velcro and press it onto the ribbon. Stick the second Velcro strip slightly below the first.
- Stapled of Velcro plus both ribbons together. This will keep the ribbons together and secure the Velcro strips. Put a staple on either side of each Velcro strip.
- Pull the ribbon out flat. Is the Velcro on the back of the ribbon?
- Put a staple just above the loop through both ribbons to keep the ribbons together.
- Now, go to your door with your wreath and your Velcro. You’re going to use the stiff side of the Velcro now.
- Open your door.
- Peel off the two strips of Velcro and put them onto the top of your door perpendicular to each other; that is, fill the width of your door. This Velcro should be the same shape as the Velcro on the ribbon.
- Then take the ribbon and match that (soft side) Velcro to the (stiff side) Velcro on the door.
- Close the door and have a look!
There you have it – some simple and easy ways to hang a wreath on a glass door! Be sure to check out our other holiday decorating tips and tricks. Happy holidays!