I saw this tutorial on how to make a glitter snowflake, and I loved the result so much that I wanted to share it.
The glittered snowflake is sparkly and will catch the light. It would be lovely on a Christmas tree, especially in the firelight.
This is not a project for little children due to the use of a glue gun. Maybe they could do the white glue and glitter part of the process after you’ve done the hot glue gun bit.
I’d suggest leaving the top to dry and also doing the white glue and glitter on the back, so if it moves when hanging, you’ll see glitter and not glue.
The video is below; have a look and see what you think.
- Hot glue gun
- Silver glitter, or a color of your choice
- Snowflake shape to trace
- Baking paper
- White glue and brush
- Silver string for loop hanger
- Trace snowflake shape onto baking paper.
- Coat snowflake shape with a layer of hot glue.
- Leave it to dry.
- Using the tweezers, carefully lift the snowflake off the paper.
- Neaten up your snowflake; cut off all the little bits that are hanging off to leave clean lines.
- Brush white glue all over the snowflake.
- Sprinkle the glitter on.
- Allow the snowflake to dry.
- Remove excess glitter.
- A spray of hairspray will help to seal your glitter.
- Use the hot glue to attach the looped silver cord to the back as the hanger.