Do you have trouble finding a throw pillow that you really like for the holiday season? Here’s a tutorial on how to decorate a Christmas throw pillow with no sewing in your own design and colors.
This project is very quick and easy but is not suitable for kids due to the use of an iron. You can use an old throw pillow from your sofa, or splash out on a new one.
You can let your artistic self go wild. Pick a Christmasy color throw pillow and some fabric that will match or accent your pillow. The fabric will be attached to the pillow in the shape of your design.
Or you can elect to do a selection of smaller designs instead of one big one. You could create a Christmas village scene or a tree complete with gifts by using multiple smaller designs.
We’ve done a tutorial on how to use Fusible Web, which is one of the supplies for this project.
Have a look and see what you think.
- Fusible web
- Throw pillow cover in Christmas color, maybe red
- Pillow insert to fit pillow cover
- A Christmas design to trace, or you could draw it
- Fabric for your design
- Remove the insert from the throw pillow.
- Trace or draw your design onto the fusible web.
- Cut out your design.
- Iron the design onto the fabric.
- Cut the design out.
- Decide where your design will sit on the pillow cover.
- Peel off the paper.
- Place your design in its final position on the pillow cover.
- Iron your design onto the pillow cover.
- Allow it to cool.
- Put the insert into the pillow.
You now have your own specially designed Christmas pillow! You could use this technique for all sorts of projects throughout the year!