Hey there! Some links on this page are affiliate links which means that, if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you’d like a simple tutorial for hanging your plates cheaply and easily, this could be the one for you.
You can use ribbon or strong twine. If the ribbon is a feature, you can make it longer so it shows, or if you use twine, make it shorter so it is hidden behind the plate. It’s up to you! Have a look at the video and see if you like this idea.
- Black felt, or another color
- Hot glue gun
- Cut 2 squares of felt measuring 1 inch.
- Cut the ribbon for your hanger.
- Dot glue on the back of the plate on the left and the right.
- Place one end of the ribbon into the glue on one side.
- Press one piece of felt onto the ribbon on top of the glue.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Leave to dry for the time recommended in your hot glue gun instructions.
- Test adhesion by pulling on the ribbon, as if it’s hanging.
- Hang it on a nail or hook.