Does your family go through plastic bottles fairly quickly? Do you want to know one of the ways they can be reused? Would you like to know how to make a Christmas tree out of plastic bottles? This tutorial will tell you how to make the cutest plastic Christmas tree, and it’s shiny too.
- 9 Green plastic bottles, including lids
- Knife or scissors to cut the bottles
- White acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun
- Christmas ornament for the topper
Preparing The Bottles
- Remove any labels from the bottles
- Cut the base of the largest bottle; this will be the base of the tree.
- Cut the lower part of each of the other bottles in gradually increasing sizes.
- Cut the neck of each bottle just below the lid; leave the lid attached.
- Mark 10 lines on each bottle up to just short of the base and cut to get strips.
- Cut the end of each strip to get rounded ends.
- Cut the sides of each strip for about 2 inches from the base, and cut off those fragments.
- Fold each strip out; they should look like flower petals.
- Paint the ends of the strips to give a snow effect.
Assembling The Tree
- Turn the base piece of the largest bottle upside down.
- Apply glue to the middle of the top.
- Put the biggest fanned-out bottle in the glue, and press into place.
- Apply glue to one of the lid sections.
- Put the lid section into the middle of the bottle with the lid facing up, and press into place.
- Apply glue to the lid.
- Put the next largest fanned-out bottle on the glue, and press onto the glue.
- Repeat until all the bottles are used, turning each bottle a little to give a random look to the “branches.”
Decorate the top of the tree as you wish.