Hey there! Some links on this page are affiliate links which means that, if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Does your family go through plastic bottles fairly quickly? Do you want to know one of the ways they can be reused? Would you like to know how to make a Christmas tree out of plastic bottles? This tutorial will tell you how to make the cutest plastic Christmas tree, and it’s shiny too.
- 9 Green plastic bottles, including lids
- Knife or scissors to cut the bottles
- White acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun
- Christmas ornament for the topper
Preparing The Bottles
- Remove any labels from the bottles
- Cut the base of the largest bottle; this will be the base of the tree.
- Cut the lower part of each of the other bottles in gradually increasing sizes.
- Cut the neck of each bottle just below the lid; leave the lid attached.
- Mark 10 lines on each bottle up to just short of the base and cut to get strips.
- Cut the end of each strip to get rounded ends.
- Cut the sides of each strip for about 2 inches from the base, and cut off those fragments.
- Fold each strip out; they should look like flower petals.
- Paint the ends of the strips to give a snow effect.
Assembling The Tree
- Turn the base piece of the largest bottle upside down.
- Apply glue to the middle of the top.
- Put the biggest fanned-out bottle in the glue, and press into place.
- Apply glue to one of the lid sections.
- Put the lid section into the middle of the bottle with the lid facing up, and press into place.
- Apply glue to the lid.
- Put the next largest fanned-out bottle on the glue, and press onto the glue.
- Repeat until all the bottles are used, turning each bottle a little to give a random look to the “branches.”
Decorate the top of the tree as you wish.