Here’s another idea for a no-sew pillow. This one is in the shape of a snowman’s head.
This is a very quick and easy project, and this idea could be used for other occasions throughout the year. You could use a different color felt and create a dog or cat’s head, or a farm animal. Or you could do black felt with stars and a moon.
You can use buttons or other craft items for the facial features, or you can use paint if you prefer. You can go to town with different ideas for his face.
Don’t pack your snowman too tightly; it should still be a bit puffy so that it’s comfortable to lean on.
Have a look at the video and see if you like this idea.
- White felt
- Orange felt
- Light colored chalk
- Black buttons
- Hot glue gun
- Something to trace the snowman, like a plate or a bowl
- Paint, felt or foam are alternatives for the facial features
- Put 2 pieces of white felt together or fold over a bigger piece.
- Trace a circle in chalk with the plate or bowl onto the top piece.
- Cut out the circle on the outside rim of the chalk mark through both pieces of felt.
- Glue the pieces together by running the glue gun around the outside edge between the pieces, BUT leave a 3-inch opening.
- Turn the circle inside out.
- Flatten and fix the edges.
- Fill with poly-fill.
- Fold over the edges of the 3-inch opening and place dots of glue.
- Bring the edges together.
- Cut a piece of orange felt 2.5 inches by 1 inch.
- Cut the rectangle from one corner diagonally to the other corner to make a triangle shape for his nose.
- Pick which one looks better, and trim it if it needs it.
- Work out where all the facial pieces or paint will go.
- Glue the pieces on.
Now you have a unique snowman pillow!