If you’re doing Christmas crafts, a snowy background might be handy. You can make fake snow at home from various ingredients, and these tutorials offer different suggestions.
How To Make Fake Snow With Soap
This fake snow looks like real blobs of snow; it doesn’t resemble powdered snow. Depending on the consistency you choose, this fake snow can be used for the kids’ craft projects, or it can be used for flocking your tree by taking a handful and run it over each branch.
- Ivory soap
- Grate or shave soap into a bowl.
- Add water and combine with a mixer.
- Mix to the consistency of egg whites.
- Leave to dry for 24 hours.
How To Make Fake Snow With Baking Soda And Conditioner
The fake snow made with this technique can be molded and sculpted into shape, so the kids can make a snowman for their snowy Christmas scene.
- Hair conditioner, half to three-quarters of a 22-fluid ounce bottle
- 1 pound of baking soda
- Fine glitter
- Put the baking soda into the bowl.
- Add the conditioner a little at a time.
- Sprinkle some glitter into the mixture.
- Mix it together; it will feel cold.
- Let it air dry for a couple of hours for a small batch or overnight for a large batch.
How To Make Fake Snow With Shaving Cream And Baking Soda
This method is the best choice for little kids. They’ll love mixing this together with their fingers!
- Shaving cream
- Baking soda
- Flat container
- Spray shaving cream to cover the bottom of the container.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the top.
- Use your hands to mix it together.
How To Make Fake Snow With Water And Baking Soda
- Baking soda
- Pour baking soda into the bowl.
- Press the lumps with the spoon until the soda is smooth.
- Add a little water.
- Mix with the spoon.
- Add small amounts of water until the snow is the desired consistency.
- Now you can make a snowman.
Keep your snow in an airtight container so it doesn’t dry out.
How To Make Fake Snow With Cornstarch
- Baking soda
- Mix equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch into the bowl.
- Mix with a spoon or your hands, ensuring you squash out any lumps.
- Add a small amount of water.
- Mix together with your hands.
- Add small amounts of water until the snow is the correct consistency.
How To Make Fake Snow With Sodium Polyacrylate
Sodium polyacrylate is a super-absorbent polymer that can absorb water up to 200 or 300 times its own mass. It’s used in disposable diapers, bath gel, hair gel, potting mix, and gel packs.
- Sodium polyacrylate
- Containers or glasses
- Place a little sodium polyacrylate in the container or glass. A little goes a long way, so it might be advisable to start small.
- Add water and watch the snow develop.
- If you wish, you can add food coloring to the water for snow of different colors.