Make a Christmas statement on your front porch! Hopefully, these beautiful and joyous giant Christmas ball ornaments won’t cause any car accidents!
As a child, these were my favorite type of ornament, and to see them in giant size would have made me giggle and stare. They’d make a great background for your patio or could be used inside as a theme for your Christmas party. Your guests will think they are seeing things.
This is a very easy project for an adult who is used to dealing with glue and pliers.
You can use any suitable container; a deli container is just a suggestion. Also, the size of the container that you use should be suitable for the size of ball you’re using.
See what you think!
- Waterproof silicone glue
- Silver spray paint
- Big plastic ball
- Pint-sized deli container
- Wire hanger or bailing wire
- Garden hook
- Exacto knife
- Needle nose pliers
- Make small holes on each side of the deli container.
- Insert wire through a hole and bend it with the pliers so it won’t come out again.
- Repeat on the other side. The result should be the container hanging upside down from a loop.
- Take it somewhere safe for spraying paint and spray it all over.
- Allow to dry.
- Run glue around the tip of the top of the deli container.
- Glue the container onto the ball, over the label, if there is one.
- The glue needs 24 hours to dry.
- Add extra decorations if you wish.
- These ornaments can be stored to use again next year. If some air escapes, you can pump them up again with a bicycle pump.
Now you have your own scene-stealing giant Christmas ball ornaments!