I found this easy tutorial for how to make glitter ornaments with floor wax, of all things. I love the look of glitter; it catches the light and gives your ornaments a sparkly look.
Because of the use of floor cleaner, this project is not for little kids. But you could prepare the baubles and then let your kids to the glitter part.
It’s a quick and easy way to make gorgeous ornaments that like they’re store-bought.
Have a look and see what you think.
- Mop & Glo floor cleaner
- Clear round ornaments
- Super fine glitter
- Paper towel or tissue
- Sheet of paper
- Take the top off the ornament.
- Squeeze a tablespoon of Mop & Glo into the ornament.
- Swirl it around, but don’t shake the ornament because it causes bubbles.
- When the inside is completely covered, remove the top of the Mop & Glo and place the ornament upside down on top to drain.
- Leave it to drain for 5 minutes.
- Wipe out the lip of the ornament.
- Roll your paper into a funnel, and secure it with tape.
- Put the funnel into the ornament.
- Pour a tablespoon of glitter down the funnel.
- Swirl it gently to coat glitter on the liquid.
- Add a bit more glitter if necessary.
- When the inside is almost covered, place your thumb over the top and shake it for complete coverage.
- Tip the excess glitter back into the container.
- Let it rest for at least 15 minutes before carefully replacing the top. The prongs of the top might scratch the glitter off the glass, so it’s best to leave it long enough to set.
Now you have some sparkly glitter Christmas ornaments!