Hey there! Some links on this page are affiliate links which means that, if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Does your fur-baby need something special to wear to the dog park on Christmas Eve? If you’re even a little bit crafty, you can learn how to make reindeer antlers for your dog.
A picture of your beloved dog in his new antlers would make a cool Christmas card.
This easy idea doesn’t need to be just for your dog; you or your kids can wear them too!
- Headband, preferably covered for comfort
- Felt for if your headband needs to be covered
- Glitter glue
- Pipe cleaners
Firstly, if your headband is not covered, we need to cover it so it’s comfy to wear.
- Cut your felt to fit the headband.
- Glue it on snugly.
- Allow it to dry.
To Create The Antlers
- Put 2 pipe cleaners together, one of each color, or your choice.
- Twist them together from the middle to one side; wind them around until you get to the end.
- Do the same on the other side.
- It should look like a single candy cane.
- Repeat this with another set of 2 pipe cleaners.
To Put The Antlers Together
- Place the headband over one of the sets of pipe cleaners and fold it over slightly off center.
- Then twist the pipe cleaner antler three times to anchor it.
- Place the other pipe cleaner set on the opposite side of the headband and use the same method to attach it.
- Bend each of the antlers in squarish shapes to get a bit of a wacky effect.
- Squirt some glitter glue in swirly lines on the front of the headband between the antlers.
- Wait until the glue is well and truly dry before placing the antlers on anybody’s head.