This is one of those projects where the result is really impressive, but it’s so easy! Learn how to make a paper pinecone Christmas ornament for your tree.
The paper used for this project can be Christmasy, or it can have cars and fairies on it as a special ornament for your little boy or girl. You could use different colors on each sheet of paper for a vivid effect, or you could use one solid color.
You could make a set of these as a gift for your neighbors or workmates, using a patterned paper that suits them. It’ll be a handmade and personalized keepsake.
Have a look and see if you like this idea.
- Hot glue gun
- Twine or string for hanging
- Patterned sheet of paper
- Cut out 6 strips of paper, measuring
- 1 inch x 10.6 inches x 2 pieces
- 1-inch x 9.5 inches x 2 pieces
- 90 inches x 8.25 inches x 2 pieces
- Fold each piece of paper in a concertina pattern.
- Glue the ends together with the patterned side on the outside.
- Put a dot of glue in the middle, then bend the paper into the center to form a flat circle.
- Glue the like sizes of circles together.
- Poke a hole on either side.
- Run the string through as a hanger.
- Then glue the sets together with the smallest on the bottom.
- Glue the string to the top of the ornament to secure it.
- Tie the ribbon in a bow at the bottom of the string.
Now you’ve got some delicate and pretty Christmas tree decorations.