I love the idea of a flamingo tree topper, but I wasn’t able to find one. So, I decided to work out how to make a pink flamingo Christmas tree topper.
My idea is to use cable ties to attach the legs or stakes of a lawn ornament to the center of your tree.
- Cable ties or velcro straps
- Flamingo (or other) lawn ornaments; see suggestions below
- Someone to help you; this is a 2-person job
- Ladder, if needed
- Pliers, if using cable ties
Consider the size of your tree and how tall your ceiling is when deciding which flamingo to bring home. Our post about choosing the size of your Christmas tree might help with your calculations. The weight of the ornaments needs to be considered also; the weights of the suggested flamingos are listed below.
Also, think about how wide the trunk of the tree is; obtain cable ties to suit its size.
Step By Step Instructions
- Assemble the flamingo according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using the ladder if needed, carefully insert the legs into the center of the Christmas tree.
- Decide what position will be the best for your topper and hold it there.
- Your friend can now reach in and attach the legs to the trunk of the tree with cable ties.
- To avoid flamingos falling from the sky, use more cable ties or velcro straps rather than less.
- When you’re dismantling the tree, simply remove the velcro straps, or use your pliers to cut through the cable ties.
Flamingo Lawn Ornaments
Alternative Lawn Ornaments To Use As A Tree Topper
If you prefer to have a more traditional homemade tree topper, please consider the ideas listed below.
Angel Lawn Ornament Tree Topper
Christmas Lawn Ornament Tree Topper
Cross Lawn Ornament Tree Topper
Patriotic Lawn Ornament Tree Topper
If you decide to use this idea, please send us a photo so we can show other readers. Thanks and Merry Christmas!