Here’s a cool idea. How about making a Christmas wreath out of pipe cleaners?
They are small, being made of pipe cleaners. They are roughly 2 inches across.
They’d be perfect for decorating wrapped gifts. You could even attach one to the envelope of a Christmas card. You could use them for all sorts of things! You could put one on the front door of Barbie’s dreamhouse!
The kids can definitely be involved with this project. There is only a little bit of scissor work, and if they are not scissors-handy, Mom or Dad could do the cutting for them. I think the kids would be really happy with their handiwork. It’s a pretty cool Christmas wreath.
- Green pipe cleaners
- Red pipe cleaner
- Sparkly red pipe cleaner
- Red and white pipe cleaner
You can use a Christmas Pipe Cleaner pack, or whatever colors you have at home.
- Take a green pipe cleaner and wind it around a pencil to make a spiral.
- Slide the spiral off the pencil.
- Repeat until you have 3 green spirals
- Take a red and a white pipe cleaner and slide the spirals on.
- Slide them into the middle, leaving candy cane sections at both ends.
- Hold the two ends of the spirals and shape the green sections into a wreath.
- Twist the candy canes together twice.
- Bend each side of the candy cane at the halfway mark to get a candy cane bow effect.
- Wind a plain red pipe cleaner around the center of the candy bow to secure it. Cut off the excess.
- Decorate by winding a sparkly red pipe cleaner around the green section.