I like this tutorial because it shows the possibilities of making and decorating a Christmas tree out of a tomato cage. And you can get the kids involved too and create some memories!
The materials and basic method are listed as shown in the video, but you can use whatever you have on hand or some cheap decorations.
Because the cage is covered in the garland and the inside of the tomato cage is empty (of course) it’s really easy to insert cheap plastic decorations through the garland. Only the pretty end of the stem is visible, making it look like you’ve been very crafty with the attaching of the decorations.
Have a look at the video and see what you think.
- Tomato cage
- Floral wire or zip ties
- Green garland
- Rubber band
- Snow spray
- String of lights
- Decorations, maybe a tree topper
- Wrap the garland around the cage, using floral wire to secure it. Or you could use zip ties if that’s easier.
- At the top, wrap the end of the garland with the rubber band to make a neat top.
- Fluff the garland to fill in any gaps.
- Spray the garland with snow spray, and allow it to dry.
- Wrap the light string around the tree.
- Add your decorations.
- Tie the ribbon into a bow and settle it on the tree.